Perhaps this list will save someone some time: 1. Making sure it was stopped, I started the regular server from the commandline, and that was then successful. Whenever you open two connections to a single database, you are likely not to get any error when selecting not existing db. You need the server number of the machine on which your site is sitting, not your virtual account server number on that machine. It automatically chooses the correct server according to the server name from where your script runs. I wouldn't say this is a bug per-se, but it's something to look out for. Suggestions: reduce the amount of time apache child processes stay connected to the client and how many connections before they are killed off.
Apparently, on windows, you have 5000 ports to work with and once they are opened, they remain so for 120 seconds before being released. I then stopped it and started it via the Services panel, and everything still worked. . This is a handy bit of knowledge that helps if you have a large site with lots of scripts. This is not efficient but is sufficient for my purposes for now. It depends on how the server company has things set up; b.
But when you are running a large multi-user service with thousands of users its always possible that one of them will look at your. I imagine using mysqli is the ultimate solution. For example, add the following to your hosts file changing the bogus ip to your server's real ip : 123. Pay attention and you may save few hours of debugging. Apache children are hanging around for too long - combine this with pconnect and you have recipe for disaster.
The addition of entries to httpd. Instead put them into an Apache configuration file and make sure that it is not world-readable. They could even copy them into their own scripts and modify your databases! You can get this from your own tech support. I haven't found this documented anywhere else so thought I'd suggest it for the online documentation. Don't put passwords for mysql into scripts which may be read by any user on the machine. If you create one function to connect to a db, and call that function in all your scripts, it makes for easier code maintenance since you only have to update one line of code to change your mysql connection instead of updating all your scripts individually. Apache reads its main config files as root.
Clearly not for production use. Hopefully, you like this portable configuration. The phpinfo function will print these values clear as day. Then, I downloaded a zipped binary-package from dev. I made sure to stop the service.
The same may be done for virtualhosts etc. Note his comments at the end of the code for an explanation. You may need to get in touch with the remote server's tech support: a. That script might then read your. I am grateful to Jonathan Jones at Bluehost for this analysis.
If your server ever gets assigned a different ip, just update the hosts file with the new one every script will work as-is, even if under different hostnames. Another solution to the security problems of putting usernames and passwords into scripts. Just in case you didn't know. This is one of those hair pulling exercises to get fixed. I'm assuming that when the service was restarted initially, there was a component that had died and refused to be shutdown even though the service appeared to be stopped, but shutting it down via mysqladmin killed everything entirely. The too many connections issue can be due to several problems. Please don't delete this until the community decides how to address the problem.
It is not necessarily enough to have your server number listed in the recipient site's cpanel remote access host list. This is sort of a bug report, in that the documented feature isn't working. For example, add this to your httpd. I recommend creating connect and cleanup functions in a separate include file. My dev computer is windows and runs wampserver. Hopefully this will help someone, it had me confused for a while because some of the users on my 4. If security is a concern, locate the include file outside of your web root folder.
This is happening with objects which use an existing connection, as the connection has already been closed. . . . . . .
. . . . .